In previous sections, you have learned that Kubernetes has the ability to detect pods failures. More than that, pods even come with self-healing capabilities as Kubernetes has the ability to restart failed pods.
In this section, pod health is investigated even closer and questions such as the following are answered:
- How does Kubernetes determine Pod health?
- How is Pod health related to container health?
- How to customize the default health probe?
- What is the difference between the health, liveness and readiness probe?*
- What do probes have to do with determining a Pod's health status?
- What happens to unhealthy Pods?